WCT® Story & Rules
Health & Safety
Introduction to World Chase Tag® and overview of the different WCT® formats and procedures for organising competitions in community circuits. What are the differentiating factors and links with related activities?
Learn about Evasion Quality (EQ) and how to set-up a balanced Chasing Area with standard sports equipment (wooden box, gymnastic plinth, elastics, ropes, bars, …).
How to safely create a fun and engaging class while maintaining the highest level of safety for all WCT® enthusiasts ? Numerous course contents are made available to the trainees in order to facilitate the application in professional situations.
Presentation of the different levels of membership. Discovering the vertical and horizontal communication procedures within the WCT® network. Obligations and advantages of World Chase Tag® licensees.
- Cost of the course : 650€ VAT excl. (Retest : 150€)
- Duration: 2 days
- Minimum age: 16 years old
- Hold a first aid certification or be in the process of acquiring one
- Registration: Online
- The training is compulsory for all supervisors and managers of centres offering the Chase Tag activity as well as for any purchaser of a Quad™.
WCT® EMEA is the only centre approved in Europe, the Middle-East and Africa to deliver the WCT® certifications.
- WCTLLC and WCT® EMEA reserve the right to update prices at any time. Prices are applicable at the time of registration.
- The WCT CT-L1 training does not give the right to a professional sports educator card in France. It is therefore necessary to complete the training with a state diploma such as a BPJEPS, CQP, DEUST or Licence STAPS with equivalence.
- To Maintain : Every 3 years reattend & meet current certificate requisites.
Frequently Asked Questions
English and French are the default languages for the course. In some countries, a translator is present. Courses with a translator are specified in the course outline.
Registration is possible until the course is full or until the course starts, whichever comes first. However, a 20% fee is added if registration is made 14 days or less before the course date.
Level 1 is the prerequisite to obtain an SLA (Standard Licence Agreement) and offer Chase Tag™ courses and events.
Following this course, the coach is entitled to:
- Supervise the Chase Tag™ activity and offer group or private lessons from beginner to intermediate level,
- Act as a local relay for the organisation of community events,
They also receives updates on official events, regulations and statistics related to the number of licensees or safety elements (risk factors, injury statistics, …).
Participants must be at least 18 years old at the time of their test to become a Chase Tag™ coach. The minimum age required to participate in the Level 1 certification course is 16.
Certificates are sent by individual mail and may take four to six weeks for people living outside France. Certificates of participation are sent by e-mail within one month of course participation.
As a teacher level certification, candidates for the WCT® Level 1 will be tested to display their competence in the following areas:
• Understanding of the discipline and official rules
• Ability to build an improvised Quad
• Ability to teach others in an effective and safe manner
Each student will be tested during the certification through written assessments and practical situations.